Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lomography family shoot

Shooting a session with my Lomography cameras was something I had always wanted to do. When I got the email saying that they were interested i was over the moon and after looking at the different techniques that she liked came up with some good film/camera combinations to use for the family shoot.
With film being film there were a few obstacles to overcome, first using up the rest of the rolls that I had started in my Fisheye, Diana Mini, Diana F+, Holga and colorsplash. Second was getting the rolls to the lab and getting them back - this wouldn't have been a problem if I had some kind of regular schedule inside normal working hours but I don't. Then it was the scanning of the negatives, the biggest obstacle. I started scanning all of them and didn't realize until I hit the colorsplash Velvia xpro roll with the high saturated colours that I noticed that the scanner had been scanning with little horizontal lines going all through the images. I spent ages trying to figure it out and then asked Canon and they helped with emailing me about how to calibrate. At least now I'll know for next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment