Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pump up the Lomo!

As I mentioned in my Photokina Part 2 blog when I was at Photokina I was lucky enough to pick up a free Lomography Colorsplash camera. Since arriving in London I have been fulfilling my promise of taking Lomographs of 'The other London" and in about the first 10 days I had shot around 3 rolls of film and having the only lab in the city which develops not only Color but slide and 120 about 5 minutes walk away really helps. I've fallen back in love with the contrast, the not knowing what you're going to get, the waiting to get the photos back from the lab, the constant need for wanting to try something new and have also developed an obsession with entering all the contests I can (and all the while being able to take more and more Lomographs along the way) to build build up my "Piggie" bank.

In the time since I've been back in Canada, and joined up to the Lomography site I've been lucky enough to have been included in the lomography Email newsletter, had my photo be photo of the day, started organizing a series which i've had in the back of my mind for a very long time about childhood toys and have gained a whole lot of inspiration by looking at other Lomographers work.
These are some of my 'Most popular' Lomographs..

1 comment:

  1. Well done, E! You're photography is getting so awesome, you must be happy with the progression you've made. I mean, it was cool before, but now.....whow! ^_^

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete