Monday, March 7, 2011

Memory Mondays Week 9

At the end of October last year I happened to see a link on Facebook that Hanson were doing a North America tour. When I realized where I was and that Detroit was 2 hours one way, Toronto was 2 hours another way or, if needed, New York was 8 hours another way I knew that the time had come and I had to see my 3 favorite singing brothers again.
The last time I saw them was in 2005 in Sydney for their Underneath tour and it was like a dream come true so I booked my Toronto ticket and got on a Greyhound at the end of November to go see them. I had a nice day walking around the city reminiscing about the last time I was there about 2 and a half years before with my best friend, I even went to the same sushi place for lunch. I checked out the new Lomography store there and one of my other favorites, Urban Outfitters.
At around 4pm Hanson made their way out of the buses and they held a 'walk' and I walked barefoot around the Toronto streets. A little later- after a very cold wait- we went inside and my camera wasn't allowed in because it was professional, so it was lomography to save the day and I took some film photos but also went on this crazy little thing called the internet after the show and watched any number of videos or saw photos that I wasn't able to take.
Hanson fans really are some of the most friendly people and it was fun talking to people around me, but like at most concerts at one point I had to go and sit down coz I felt faint but other than that it was an amazing show and I urge you to check out their new video 'Give a little' It really is one of the most upbeat songs i've heard in awhile and the video is awesome, check out their kids dancing! I've also written an article on the Lomography site about the new video!

No comments:

Post a Comment